Head Chef - Jamie's Italian Brisbane
Taking inspiration from the idea of the "Italian table", Jamie's Italian embraces the unique traditions and values of Italy that Jamie is so passionate about. We serve rustic Italian dishes, created using tried and tested recipes and superbly sourced produce, that personify "good food for everyone, no matter what". As well as serving exceptional food, we aim to create a 'neighbourhood' venue where people can relax, share and enjoy each other's company. Our aim is that service represents the culture: learn, enjoy and share.
About the Role:
As Head Chef, you will live the ethos and ideals of Jamie's Italian & maintain a successfully operating kitchen, where food quality is world class and is consistent without compromise. You will understand the magic that is Jamie's Italian and pass this on - to create unforgettable experiences. This role reports to the General Manager and works closely with the Sous Chef and other key personnel.
- Ensure Jamie's Italian kitchen runs smoothly & is managed efficiently.
- Uphold world class standards of food quality every time, paying thorough attention to detail to ensure that all dishes are delivered according to specifications and concept.
- Work together with our senior brigade to achieve consistent profitability through consistent menu execution, cost management, and development of the kitchen team.
- Staff Management; Recruitment, development & retention
- Empower, coach & mentor our brigade to develop in their roles.
- Total compliance for WHS, food safety, company & legislated policies.
- Enthusiasm & commitment to cultivate a positive team spirit, loyalty & passion for Jamie's Italian in others.
- Minimum 2 yrs running a busy, high volume kitchen as Head Chef.
- Excellent food knowledge, eye for detail & benchmark standards.
- Proven leadership ability & engaging communication skills.
- Previous experience managing stock takes and troubleshooting.
- Computer literacy & proficient use of Microsoft office programs.
We get stuck in, work hard, are passionate & like to be creative. We love to try something new & have some fun. Jamie's Italian is yours – your opportunity to learn, grow & develop, so embrace it with us!
If you are a capable leader who enjoys high volume, genuinely cares about mentoring & guiding a successful team of chefs and is capable of delivering an excellent result for our restaurant, we would love to hear from you. To apply for this role, click on "APPLY FOR THIS JOB".